The Academic Scholarship Committee of the Foundation for Jewish Philanthropies administers a limited amount of scholarship funds that are available on an annual basis to provide financial aid to undergraduate and graduate students to help meet the escalating costs of higher education.
Scholarships are awarded in the form of interest-free loans and/or in the form of outright grants. The Academic Scholarship Committee will review all applications and awards will be announced by August 15th of each year.
The Foundation administers a number of endowment funds which have been established by donors for this special purpose. The following funds are the primary source of scholarship assistance:
- Anna E. & Bernard I. Gross Scholarship Fund
- Benjamin & M. Madalene Smith Scholarship Fund
- Dr. Louis Sklarow Award Fund
- Dr. Martin & Edith L. Horowitz Scholarship Fund
- Dr. Meyer & Ann S. Riwchun Scholarship Fund
- Edna, Lillian P. & Beatrice J. Kohn Scholarship Fund
- Iola Zeckhauser Scholarship Fund
- Isaac Hoenig Memorial Fund
- Isadore & Bessie Federman Scholarship Fund
- Maimonides Medical Society Fund
- Paul Swados Scholarship Fund
- Raymond & Sara Ehrenreich Scholarship Fund
- Rose H. Frank & Leonard H. Frank Academic Scholarship Fund
- Ruth H. Spector & Rhoda Spector Memorial Fund
- Sarah & Nettie Nathan Scholarship Fund
- Awards are limited to Jewish students who have attended high school in either Erie or
Niagara County in New York State or to Jewish students who are residing in either Erie or Niagara County and are new Americans
- Eligible educational programs include graduate or undergraduate studies in institutions
located anywhere in the United State or overseas, including the State of Israel.
- Programs must lead to a degree or a certificate of completion for the prescribed course of study.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of documented financial need
- You can apply for Fall 2021/Spring 2022 beginning April 1, 2021 through the deadline of June 1, 2021.
Please contact the Foundation office at (716) 204-1133 to request an application, or you may request an application via email. Please include your name and home mailing address in an email request sent to email@example.com